Wednesday, February 23, 2011

What Does It Mean When You Wake Up Dizzy

Old French Linen Pillow DIY Tutorial

Hallo everybody!
I love old French linen pillows so much: They add a special taste and charm to Every room or place you put on Them.

Hello everyone!
I really like the old French linen pillow: add a special flavor and charm to any place of the sale.



If you like I love them, But Have a very small budget like to do OR Every thing by yourself, you've found your post today!
Today I will show you how I did my "Old French" linen pillows.

S and you also love them, but you have to spend too much, or you are the creative incurable, today you have found the right place!
Today I'll show you how I created my pillows in linen old French style.


All you need is:

to Some Old linen sheets (I bought a couple of old dishtowels for € 3 each)
fabric colors (I used gray and white)
scissors, a big and a little one

cutter plastic sheet, not too thin (I used my daughter plastic book cover)

eye pencil penile (yes!)
paper scotch tape rule

very thin brush (I use n ° 4)
a little sponge pad

Need:

a couple of old linen sheets (I used a couple of old towels I bought a 3 euro each)
fabric colors (gray and white)
large and small scissors
cutter
not too thin sheets of plastic (I used an old plastic cover books for my daughter)

pencil eye pencil (yes!!)
masking tape
meters
a very thin brush (I use the number 4)
small sponge swab



Remember:
the fabric is the more irregular the more your job will look like a really "old" one.

Remember
the fabric is more irregular than your work will seem really old. "





First of all You have to find the center of your sheet: it will be the center of your pillow.
Draw your image on a paper sheet, and copy it on your plastic cover:
I used an old eye pencil (yes I did!) Because if you wrong it's easy to delete.

First you have to mark the center of your fabric: will be the centers dedicated to treating your pillow.
Draw your image on a sheet of paper, bring it back on the plastic sheet:
I use an old eyeliner (yes!), because it is easy to cancel if I'm wrong





Than start to cut to the perimeter of your image.
You can use a cutter or, that's Easier for a curved line, a little scissor.
Lean on a wood or hard plastic base

Once designed perimero the cut of your image.
You can use the cutter, but there are many curves will be easier to use scissors.
Rely on a wooden or hard plastic



So You Have created your stencil

Have you created your stencil

Find the very center of the pillow,
Than fix it firmly with paper tape on your fabric

locate the precise center of the pillow,
and secured with masking tape the stencil to the fabric





Start to put the color on the tissue fabric. Remember not to put too much color
and-that 's VERY IMPORTANT-ALWAYS REMEMBER to put under the fabric Some plastic to protect what's there under your fabric, Because The color will pass beyond it.

begin to dab the fabric with color. Not too mettetene
and - importantly - ALWAYS REMEMBER to put plastic under the cloth colored to protect what's underneath, because the color of the fabric impregnated and pass under


It's not much important to be exact When you put the color:
It will really Seem " old "if it will be more accurate.
I first used one tone of gray, add a Darker Than tone hither and thither to Create some deepness.

It is important to be very precise when colored:
even with some imperfections, the press seems very "old" .
or I've used pima a shade of gray, then I passed back dabbing here and there
with a darker shade of gray to create a little 'deep.


If you like you can create burdens Also I liked writing
Some simple words like these.
gothic fonts I found on Google, Than I wrote the world "Grains", etc. The copy and
Them on plastic as I did before and creating Another cut stencil.


If you like you can add some writing.
I like simple words like these.
Gothic I found on Google, I wrote a few words like "wheat" etc.
then I copied on the sheet of plastic, I cut the stencil and thus created



The numbers add burdens, created in the Same Way with the stencil and add
Some vertical lines, using scotch paper to give Them.
At the end I add burdens drawing lines with a little brush
the branch of the laurel wreath.

I added a few numbers, always done with the stencil
and some vertical line, using the masking tape to make them straight and a bit 'spaced.
Finally I drew with a brush small branches of the wreath of laurel.

Let dry very well the color, Than iron for at least 3 minutes
on the other side of the fabric.

Let dry very well, then iron the fabric on the reverse
with the iron is hot at least 3 minutes

Sew the pillow and ... thats' all!

Sew the pillow and ... That's it!






Not bad, do not you think?
This Was My very first one!

Not bad, eh?
This was the first that I did!

I'd like to see your works, if you will use this tutorial ...
I'd like to see your work if you use this tutorial ...

Stay tuned, I'll back soon!
Stay tuned, see you soon!
Hello

Silvia

0 comments:

Post a Comment